Winter training

Home Forums Help me fix my swing. Winter training

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Timo 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Timo
    Participant

Hi all Hogan fans.

I but my swing here. I have a lot work this winter to do 😀

I dont understand how i can flatten my club when i start my downswing any helps?

Summer

DT winter

Winter front

Greetings
    Timo / iZZO from Finland

Christo Garcia
    Keymaster

The club flattens out naturally if the down swing is initiated by the lower body. Try breaking your knees to the target and almost feel like you are falling back. Moe Norman demonstrated this. It’s hard to break the habit of feeling like the shoulders are going to drive the swing.

Timo
    Participant

Hi,

But breaking knees to target is almost same thing if you slide your hips to target?

Bowed left rist is better way, like Hogan fan Dan Whittaker showed his video?

Timo
    Participant

Christo, I just watch you Hogan code video.. and now i think what you really mean… 😉

Timo
    Participant

i try liked video but i dont now how i can do that. 😀

Doug
    Participant

Breaking the old swing habits are THE most difficult things to do. Is there a video depicting the lower body move in order to try to work on this? I am a 100% upper body/arms initiator of the swing, I know it/feel it but can’t break it. Had a short period of time where I broke the habit, swing seemed effortless but fell right back into old habits.

Christo Garcia
    Keymaster

I made this video to try and clear this up. It’s been said by so many great players but you have to tinker with it and commit to it.

Timo
    Participant

awsome post and video big thank you!! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.