Short irons vs Mid to Long

Home Forums Ben Hogan’s Golf Swing Short irons vs Mid to Long

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Big Willi Style 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

glen.kearns
    Participant

I purchased hogan code and drive evolution and have watched countless hours of your other videos. I can apply most of the fundamentals to lob wedge thru 9 iron. Consistent, Compression, keeping the “A” in bkswing, perfect divot, accurate, long, consistent, lag, noflip, left side starts swing, elbow leads, claw, hip leads shoulder, etc. irons longer than those r train wreck, progressively worse.??

Christo Garcia
    Keymaster

Hi Glen. I was in this same situation for a long time. What I discovered was my stall/early extension was more pronounced as my clubs became longer. Are your arms and legs straightening at impact? If so, you have to keep bend in your knees and break them towards the target through impact. I hope this helps.

Christo Garcia
    Keymaster

Hi Glen. I was in this same situation for a long time. What I discovered was my stall/early extension was more pronounced as my clubs became longer. Are your arms and legs straightening at impact? If so, you have to keep bend in your knees and break them towards the target through impact. I hope this helps.

Big Willi Style
    Participant

I hope your reading Christo, Iwonder if that is one of the reasons I struggle with decking a 3 wood. Hmmmm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.