Greg mchatton

Home Forums Ben Hogan’s Golf Swing Greg mchatton

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Derrik Willett 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

glen.kearns
    Participant

The video of Christo taking lessons from the hat was very interesting. Christo swing looked more like hogan in those clips than I have ever seen. Is mr Christo aligned with all that hat was teaching him? Or does his training very in certain areas fro the hat? I downloaded the code video

Christo Garcia
    Keymaster

Gregg taught me how to use my lower body correctly. I agree with what Gregg teaches and I’m still working on it, but I won’t look exactly like Mr. Hogan. I’m focused on using the concepts Gregg taught me.

glen.kearns
    Participant

I have a passion to learn from you the proper way to swing so I can teach my sons how to learn correctly (unlike me) from a young age. I really appreciate the work you’ve put in and the videos you publish. I’ve watched most of them. You’ve converted me from a hacker/flipper to someone who has a swing headed in the right direction with regards to compression and form.

Just FYI, the most helpful thing to me is how similar the proper body sequence is in a golf swing to throwing a ball. Getting the club head back in position, firing lower left, then hips, which torques the arm/elbow and then club head follows. It makes the swing more natural. However, here’s the question… in using the ball throwing technique… “WHERE” would my target be that I am throwing the ball at to get the proper body movement??? Do I act as though I am throwing to where the golf ball would sit on the ground, or to “that point of first full arm extension” which is a few feet in front of the golf ball or toward my target?

Derrik Willett
    Keymaster

Are you talking about the 2 hand basketball throwing technique or the 1 hand golf ball throwing technique?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.