Direct of force

Home Forums Ben Hogan’s Golf Swing Direct of force

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Frank B 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

glen.kearns
    Participant

I was watching Christo’s swing and looked as though the overall direction of force actually out through the ball… not towards the target but a direct line from the club when it is behind the head… down right through the ball. then i stumbled on a random youtube vid that looked to validate this “thought”. Throwing the club shaft (mid-way down) towards and thru the ball as described above. this completely changed the way my upper body coiled and the direction of release. This greatly improved striking. Am i going down a rabbit trail? or is there anything too this? Utube vid is titled: “True direction of force. Swinging the center of the shaft.” thanks, glen

Frank B
    Participant

Hey Glen, thanks for the post and link to the YouTube video. I experienced something similar in a range session yesterday when I focused on feeling the momentum generated by the club head on my downswing. I’m a big guy and I tend to pull my shoulders and arms up in the downswing, causing thin contact. Concentrating on the momentum of the club allowed me to put the full force of the clubhead on the ball.

I’ve never really thought about the feeling of swinging the middle of the shaft through the ball, but I bet it’s related to the push/pull concept that Christo describes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.